Two scanners are available at the Victoria Avenue Library, and one at Community Centre Library for public use. Scans can be saved to a USB flash drive, emailed, or printed. Printing costs $.20 per page for black and white scans or $1.00 per page for colour scans.
The Library can scan old newspaper articles from microfilm. Due to the large volume of requests received and the staff time involved with scanning, a charging schedule for scans of microfilm is in place. Payment in advance is required. There is no charge for scanning for customers with a valid Niagara Falls Public Library card.
- Basic service charge: $10
- Each scan: $1
- HST of 13% will be added to each scan
- If paying by PayPal, a $1.50 service fee is added
- If burning to a CD is requested, a $2.50 charge is added
Niagara Falls Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of our community. As such, the Library provides an examination proctoring service.
Services are offered under the following guidelines:
- A space will be provided and excessive noise is discouraged in the area where exams are taken.
- Students will be checked on periodically by Library staff throughout the exam, but not monitored continuously. The Library can provide information on alternative proctoring sites if continuous supervision is required.
- A minimum of one week advance notice is required for all bookings.
- The examination package must be sent from the issuing institution directly to the Library no later than one week in advance. The Library will not be liable for any missing materials or passwords related to the exam.
- Exams cannot last longer than 3 hours and must be completed no later than 30 minutes before closing.
- The Library is not responsible for completed exams that do not reach the educational institution by the deadline date.
- A $25 fee will be charged for each exam the Library is proctoring.
- The student must arrive within 15 minutes of the start of the exam. Fees may be paid by cash, credit or debit card at that time.
- The Library will provide a computer for use during the exam. The student must ensure that the Library's computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. The Library is not responsible for any unforeseen technical difficulties, including test interruptions, due to loss of power or internet connection.
To make arrangements to have an exam proctored, please call 905-356-8080 x250.