Chromebooks are now available for public use at the Victoria, Community Centre and Chippawa libraries during open hours.
The follow conditions apply:
- Chromebook users must register at the main desk with their valid Library card and remain in the Library while using the device.
- Lending is limited to Teen, Adult and Temporary cardholders.
- Children may use the chromebook if they have their parent’s library card and the parent is present
- Chromebooks can be used for 4 hours at a time and may be granted an extension if no one is waiting to use the device.
- All information is deleted from the Chromebooks, once the user logs out. Chromebooks will not work outside of the Library.
- A $450 charge will be applied to a user's card who does not return the device back to the main desk.
Customers who do not have a Library card are free to use the public computers while they are visiting.