See the Library Board's official response to COVID-19
Pursuant to the Public Libraries Act, the Niagara Falls Public Library is under the management and control of a Board appointed by the Council of the City of Niagara Falls. Board members serve a term that is concurrent with the term of Council.
Joining the Library Board
Interested in being a Niagara Falls Public Library Board Member? Applications are now being accepted. If you’re passionate about your community, literacy, and the library, we’d love to hear from you. To inquire about the application process, please 'Contact the Board' via the button at the bottom of this page
To be a vital asset enhancing the quality of life in Niagara Falls.
- Promote library services to a wider community
- Ongoing review and evaluation of services and spaces
- Maintain & improve collections, materials and space
- Focus on staff training for customer service and technology skills
- Promote and strengthen the Local History resources and services
Role of the Board
The Niagara Falls Public Library Board:
- Promotes and advocates the value of the Public Library in the Niagara Falls community
- Establishes long range goals and objectives for the Niagara Falls Public Library
- Ensures the delivery of programs and services that reflect the unique needs and interests of the community, with policies
- Approves annual operating and capital budgets presented to City Council that will provide sufficient levels of funding to ensure quality Library service for the community
- Hires & evaluates the ongoing performance of the CEO/Chief Librarian
- Adheres to the Public Libraries Act, its regulations and other related legislation
- Lori Lococo, Councillor
- Anne Andres-Jones
- John Anstruther
- Sabrina Mongrain
- Barbara V.H. Ness
- Jacky Roddy
- Tim Tredwell
- Kathy Tsiantoulas
Contact the Library Board
4848 Victoria Avenue; Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4C5
Library Board regular meetings are usually held at 4:30 pm on the third Wednesday of the month, at the Victoria Avenue Library. Board meetings are open to the public. The Board does not meet in July and August.
Requests for a deputation presentation to the Board must be received by the CEO/Chief Librarian in writing at least seven days prior to the commencement of the Board meeting, noting the subject(s) to be presented. The Board will listen to presentations about relevant public library services subjects. A deputation presentation must not exceed twenty minutes.
If you are planning on attending a meeting call 905-356-8080 to verify the location and time, as the Board sometimes meets at a branch library.
Board meetings are open to the public.
Library Board Minutes will be posted once approved.
Contact: the Library Board: 4848 Victoria Avenue; Niagara Falls, ON L2E 4C5
- January 18, 2023
- February 15, 2023
- March 29, 2023
- April 19, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- June21, 2023
- September 20, 2023
- October 18, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- December 20, 2023
This Year's Meeting Minutes
- CEO/Chief Librarian
- Executive Assistant
- Community Development and Programming
- Customer Service
- Information Resources and Connections