6042 Main St - Davey Automotive Supplies - Details
Niagara Falls Public Library Logo
Mark this record
Mark this record
View Search History
Go to Images database home
Go to Digital Collections home
Resize image: [+]  [-]
   6042 Main St  - Davey Automotive Supplies (image/jpeg)
Title 6042 Main St - Davey Automotive Supplies
Creator  Mottola, Ron
Medium  Photograph
Extent  7" x 5" black & white
Notes  The building occupied by Davey Automotive Supplies in the photograph is part of a very old structure, once considered to be "a well conducted and favourite resort for travellers". It was once the site of the Exchange Hotel also known as the Evans Inn which was constructed some time before 1846. In 1846 the Stamford Agricultural Society organised there and many other meetings were also held there. Later a Dr Boulter a veterinarian bought the Inn and used part of it as his residence, the other part housed a hardware store. In later years a Mr Rumble took over the hardware business and Dr Watson the veterinary business. In 1977 the building was owned and resided in by Frank Reed
Provenance  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation
Date  1977.
Collection  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation Collection
Old Call Number  413865i
Rights Holder  ©Niagara Falls Public Library
Rights  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation
Notes  Negative available
Subject  Historic Houses - Niagara Falls (Ont.)
  Business Districts - Main and Ferry Streets
  Historic Buildings
Place Name  Niagara Falls (inhabited place)
Record ID  93922
Digital image 
Format image/jpeg
Size  750px X 515px
Resolution  150ppi X 150ppi
Digitization B&W Scan
Equipment Epson Perfection 1260
Date 2004-02-22
Physical items 
Filing No.   Format       
D413865I  Photograph     


Use of this website signifies your acceptance of the Terms Of Use. [back] Copyright 2001-2022, Niagara Falls Public Library. Contact Us