5881 Main St - south west corner of Main and Ferry St - Thorburn's Drug Store - Details
Niagara Falls Public Library Logo
Mark this record
Mark this record
View Search History
Go to Images database home
Go to Digital Collections home
Resize image: [+]  [-]
   5881 Main St  - south west corner of Main and Ferry St - Thorburn's Drug Store (image/jpeg)
Title 5881 Main St - south west corner of Main and Ferry St - Thorburn's Drug Store
Creator  Mottola, Ron
Medium  Photograph
Extent  7" x 5" black & white
Notes  Before 1900 this building was home to Darker's Dry Goods. It was known as the Woodruff Block after it's owner George Woodruff. Prior to that, the Purcello used the building. In 1900 a Mr Morphy operated a dry goods store there for a few years before moving the business which specialized in Irish linens to Bridge St. Thorburn's Drug Store occupied the premises for many years. It is currently (2004) occupied by a Pawn Shop ;
Provenance  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation
Date  1977.
Collection  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation Collection
Old Call Number  413865g
Rights Holder  ©Niagara Falls Public Library
Rights  Niagara Falls Heritage Foundation
Notes  Negative available
Subject  Historic Houses - Niagara Falls (Ont.)
  Streets
  Business Districts - Main and Ferry Streets
  Historic Buildings
Place Name  Niagara Falls (inhabited place)
Record ID  93920
Digital image 
Format image/jpeg
Size  750px X 508px
Resolution  150ppi X 150ppi
Digitization B&W Scan
Equipment Epson Perfection 1260
Date 2004-02-22
Physical items 
Filing No.   Format       
D413865G  Photograph     

 

Use of this website signifies your acceptance of the Terms Of Use. [back] Copyright 2001-2022, Niagara Falls Public Library. Contact Us