Gate keeper's lodge Brock Monument - Details
Niagara Falls Public Library Logo
Mark this record
Mark this record
View Search History
Go to Images database home
Go to Digital Collections home
Resize image: [+]  [-]
   Gate keeper's lodge Brock Monument (image/jpeg)
Title Gate keeper's lodge Brock Monument
Type  Still Image
Extent  13.15 x 8.80 cm
Medium  Colour postcard
Collection  Postcard Collection
  Francis J. Petrie Collection
Description  A small two storey grey stone building with a red brick roof ; stone wall to right of house ;gate post to the left of the house ; ornate wrought iron gates are closed ; a stone lion sits on top of the gate post ; a small tree grows in front of the property ; property ; a dirt road runs past the house in the foreground ; title in red print top right ; Crest of the British Empire reading "On whose Dominions the sun never sets" top left corner ;
Notes  These were the original gates and entrance to Queenston Heights Park ; built in 1856 the same year as the present Brock's monument ; gates were moved in 1909 ;
Subject  Parks
  Queenston Heights
Publisher  Suess & Co Niagara Falls Ontario
Place Name  Queenston (inhabited place)
Source  Niagara Falls (Ont.) Public Library
Record ID  302680
Digital image 
Format image/jpeg
Size  750px X 499px
Resolution  150ppi X 150ppi
Digitization Colour Scan
Equipment Microtek ScanMaker i900
Date 2008-12-06
Physical items 
Filing No.   Format       
D423236  Colour postcard     
D423236A  Colour postcard     

 

Use of this website signifies your acceptance of the Terms Of Use. [back] Copyright 2001-2021, Niagara Falls Public Library. Contact Us