Niagara Falls Queenston Heights Ontario Gatekeeper's Lodge at Brock's monument - Details
Niagara Falls Public Library Logo
Mark this record
Mark this record
View Search History
Go to Images database home
Go to Digital Collections home
Resize image: [+]  [-]
   Niagara Falls Queenston Heights Ontario Gatekeeper's Lodge at Brock's monument (image/jpeg)
Title Niagara Falls Queenston Heights Ontario Gatekeeper's Lodge at Brock's monument
Type  Still Image
Extent  13.75 x 8.55 cm
Medium  Colour postcard
Collection  Postcard Collection
  Francis J. Petrie Collection
Description  A small two storey stone building with a red brick roof ; two stone walls either side of the house ; with posts at either end and in the middle ; middle posts serve as the gate posts for the gates which are wide open ; a stone lion is atop each of the gate posts ; a small wreath is on each of the smaller outside end posts ; small trees surround the property ; a dirt road runs past the house in the foreground ; title in black print bottom left ;
Notes  These were the original gates and entrance to Queenston Heights Park ; built in 1856 the same year as the present Brock's monument ; gates were moved in 1909 ;
Subject  Parks
  Queenston Heights
Publisher  The Hugh C Leighton Co Manufacturers Portland M USA ; made in Germany ; 8860 ;
Place Name  Queenston (inhabited place)
Source  Niagara Falls (Ont.) Public Library
Record ID  302678
Digital image 
Format image/jpeg
Size  750px X 470px
Resolution  150ppi X 150ppi
Digitization Colour Scan
Equipment Microtek ScanMaker i900
Date 2008-12-06
Physical items 
Filing No.   Format       
D423235  Colour postcard     

 

Use of this website signifies your acceptance of the Terms Of Use. [back] Copyright 2001-2021, Niagara Falls Public Library. Contact Us