Title ||3840 Main Street - Rolf's Exquisite Continental Dining|
||3.5" x 2.25" Colour postcard|
||3840 Main Street Niagara Falls (Chippawa) was registered in 1853 to James Cummings. Mr. Edward Wanlass Weightman built the first home on the property in 1909, using lumber from the old German Lutheran Church located on Welland and Dock Streets. A sign of the old church is in the attic windows in the front of the home. Hand mixed mortar and rocks that were used to erect the basement walls and chestnut trim from Fonthill are also evidence of a previous era.|
The E. Weightman & Sons Lumber Company was formed in 1927 and from that day on, additions were built to house the growing lumber business and the Weightman family. This consisted of sons Edward & William, and daughters Phoebe & Marie.
Additions were made to the main floor, and extended upwards. In 1929 a business office was added to the rear of the house, and in 1981 a large addition was built on to house the kitchen of Rolf's Continental Dining.
After the death of Edward Weightman Sr., William Weightman and his family occupied the home. In 1960 the house was purchased by his daughter and her husband Phoebe & Don Ede, who lived there until 1976 when it was sold to Mr. & Mrs. Earl Snyder.
In 1981 Joyce and Rolf Schefold purchased the property to open their dining restaurant known as "Rolf's Continental Dining". Today the large home is residential and is still owned by Joyce and Rolf Schefold.
||Courtesy of Joyce Schefold|
||General Photograph Collection|
|Old Call Number
||©2004 Niagara Falls Public Library|
||Niagara Falls Public Library|
||Businesses and Stores|
||Historic Houses - Niagara Falls (Ont.)|
||Niagara Falls (inhabited place)|
||Chippawa (inhabited place)|
|| 750px X 477px
|| 150ppi X 150ppi
||HP OfficeJet G55