1. Children are the responsibility of the parent/care giver while in the Library or on Library property.
2. Children 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult/care giver no less than 12 years of age.
3. Parent/care givers are responsible for the behaviour of children in their care.
4. Disruptive, rude, threatening, or abusive behaviour may result in staff asking the child to leave or having the child banned for a period of time from Library property see Public Policy: Rules of Conduct.
5. Staff members are not care givers or baby-sitters and do not assume responsibility for children in the Library.
6. Parents are required to stay in the Library while their child, 7 and under, is attending programs at the Library.
7. Library staff are obligated by the Ontario Child and Family Services Act to call the Police or Family & Children’s Services Niagara if a child is in need of protection.
February 16, 2011