1. Use of the meeting room by any group or organization does not constitute an endorsement by the Library Board of the group’s policies or beliefs. The Library will not knowingly permit any individual or groups to use its facilities in contravention of the Criminal Code of Canada.
2. Groups using the facilities may not limit attendance on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability as defined by the Constitution Act, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, 1982. The Library reserves the right to attend any meeting held in its facilities.
3. Room bookings are accepted from individuals on behalf of organizations. The Library accepts no responsibility if the individual in question does not have the authority to book a room; the invoice will be sent to the organization in all cases.
4. Meeting rooms may not be used for private social events such as parties; business activities such as sales; or programs that are not suitable for the Library’s physical facilities.
5. The Chief Librarian or designate must approve prior to printing or publication any public notices about events held in library meeting rooms which must clearly and prominently show the name of the organization booking the room, and must not give the impression that it is a library sponsored event. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the meeting with all expenses borne by the organization.
6. The Chief Librarian or designate must approve at the time of the booking a request for alcohol to be permitted in the meeting room subject to the following. Alcohol consumption is restricted to hours that the Library is closed and confined to the meeting room. The renting group is responsible for obtaining the liquor licence and following its regulations. A liquor licence is required whenever liquor is served; a copy of the licence must be given to library staff.
7. All food and equipment must be removed within the booking period.
8. Groups are responsible for providing masking/scotch tape, scissors, markers, extension cords, etc.
9. The organization is responsible for any damages or loss to library property incurred while renting a meeting room.
10. Smoking is prohibited at all library locations.
11. Failure to follow library rules, after one written warning, will result in the cancellation of future room booking privileges.
12. The Library will not accept new bookings and will cancel existing room bookings for groups that have invoices outstanding of 45 days or more.